Friday 2 November 2012

Craft projects on the go....

This week I have learnt a new craft! (I'm not sure what you call someone who collects crafts skills, maybe a craftoholic but that sounds really unappealing!). I learnt how to crochet which is fab. I joined in the workshop led by Laura last weekend making 'Crochet Granny Squares' and I actually got to grips with it. Once I got home I manically tried to find a crochet cushion cover pattern published in a Magazine a few months ago and after about an hour I found it. Then things got slightly confusing as I'm not sure that it was an 'English' pattern but in true Running With Scissors style I launched myself into it without worrying to much and now I'm the proud owner of 4 crochet squares (the pattern calls for 36 squares, so only 32 to go.....) I am very impressed with myself!


To add to all things woolly I have put aside my current kitting project (despite promising myself to finish a project before I start another one) and started on a winter top which is all silver and sequins - sparkly and seasonal - I will be a walking glitter ball once completed. Its a good job its on 10mm needles so it will be quite quick to knit. I've started this project as I have been naughty and ordered some wool online which arrived yesterday (it was in the sale!) for a winter top pattern which I've had since last year - its going to be purple and pink!. I have never really understood why 'winter colours' are black, brown and grey when what you really need on English winter days is a strong blast of tropical shades to lift your mood and make you feel better!

The Sewing Projects I have on the go include:
Green linen print top
Reversible skirt
Curtains for our bay window (fabric stored for over a year!)
Purses
Christmas Stocking
Wall hanger with pockets
...and those are just the ones I can remember.

Laura has recently been to the 'Knitting and Stitching Show' in London and its coming to Harrogate this month 22nd - 25th November, I went a few years go and its fantastic, all the stalls have lots of offers and discounts and there are workshops, exhibitions and shows too. Apparently one of the exhibitions is called 'The Unfinsihables' - I think this may be one for me! Here's a link to the show if your interested in all things knitty and stitchy!  http://www.twistedthread.com/pages/exhibitions/viewExhibition.aspx?id=39


No comments:

Post a Comment