Friday 11 May 2012

Running Wtih Scissors now in City Centre!

Well the shop display is actually up for the people of Sheffield to gaze at! (on Cambridge Street, in town) I am really impressed with what the retail display students have achieved. The Running With Scissors concept is quite hard to put across in a static display because its really a creative / dynamic / changing business but I think the students have got it spot on. I didn't just want to display all the products we do at our workshops as they would look really disparate and random, it was more about getting the idea across and using materials and equipment which would be of interest to people who are interested in crafting. We had decided beforehand that the chest of drawers should be painted red and then I created 6 streamers (a line of pom-poms, tape measures, red ribbon, red pom-pom trimming, a washing line with 3 products from our workshops and a paper chain in red, white and black). When I met with the students I also gave them a little sketch but I said that they could have a free hand and chop up the streamers if they wanted, use some of the items only, or could request more things.... I think its important to give creative people a free rein as both they, and you, get the most out of a situation that way. So streamers got chopped up and wool 'rope' created and fabric samples added - all to everyones benefit.

Also you might have noticed in the window that Running With Scissors now has a QR code (one of those black and white grid box things that you can scan with your smart phone), when you scan it it take you straight to our website - how cool is that!




1 comment:

  1. it looks liek I could be moving to Sheffield in September...I will come and find you!
    Looks fab! And I love doing workshops and learning new skills so definitely will be bookmarking this page!
    Kristy :o)

    ReplyDelete