Tuesday 19 January 2010

The Fashion Essay

Hello everyone,

Well the Spring and summer workshop programme is nearly ready I'm hoping to upload all the information this weekend! There will also be a couple of guest tutors giving you the opportunity to try soemthing new and exciting (more information coming soon.....)

I have been avidly watching Project Runway again this weekend (freeview channel 11 or 12, can't quite remember, Sunday evening). The budding designers names make me laugh - Suede, Blayne etc! Anyway I think Suede deserved to win this week with his bias strip dress whcih looked fantastic. I did feel sorry for the girl who did the gold dress with the extra loops on it, I don't think it was that bad really and it was well made, but the judges really slated it!

Some of you may be under the misaprehension that I am a complete fashion victim, which those of you who know me will know is far from the truth. I would hate to be involved in the 'fashion industry' - far too much back stabbing and paper thin shallowness, however you have got to admire the designers who turn out stunning creations every season. We all know that they don't actually make them and other designers then have to take the creations and turn them into something wearable, but watered down for for the high street. I'm more of a fan of uniqueness I think that people should dress the way they wish by making, customising, buying / acquiring vintage, altering, accessorising, wearing old with new or upcycling - generally mixing it up to get a look that you're happy with. Although I slob around in jeans just like everyone else I do feel that its a shame that people don't make more of an effort in general. It seems that having 'style' has becoem a rare comodity these days which is a shame, but don't get the wrong idea - I don't pop out to get a pint of milk in full make up and heels (although I'd like to think I could!)

No comments:

Post a Comment