Sunday 31 January 2010

Skirts and Chilli Peppers

Today has been a perfect day - sun streaming into the craft room, working away on the A-Line skirt whilst singing aloud to the Red Hot Chilli Peppers and jigging away on the chair, whilst sewing! Its a good job the house isn't overlooked, and the neighbours may not be partial to some of the song lyrics (but I make them up mostly..)

Once the basic skirt is made I have decided to make it into my Mae West skirt. Is made from cream fine wool fabric (inspired by recent snow) and I'm going to embroider onto it the this quote from Mae West:

"I used to be Snow White, but I drifted."(it works on so many different levels!)

and spiral the text around the skirt with maybe an applique snowflake - what do you think?

Many thanks to all of you wanting to join the mailing list and to all of you booking on the workshops. Its going to be a crafty Sring!

Nearly time for Project Runway (hurrahh). This weeks challenge is .....

No comments:

Post a Comment